happy father's day

yes, happy father's (note singular use) day to, i think, the nicest dad in the world.

the things people usually take for granted are often the most delightful favours one can get.

i don't know why it took me almost 19 years (wait, make that 15 years as i think i only started to intellectuallize thoughts after my third birthday) to realise and appreciate all the good things my silly dad has done for me (cue tears).

no, he doesn't tell me he loves me - and i hope he doesn't because i can't imagine how weird that would be - and neither does he gives me hugs when the moment calls for it.
it's just the little things he goes out of his way to do or get that makes him such a wonderful dad. oh, sobs.

case, or rather, cases in point: my numerous little booklets of charity tickets that he brings to his office to sell, and sold the entire booklet. no complains.

my infinite collection of earrings that vanished down the black hole that we call the sink, he dug (though sewer trash and human orifice excretions) back up. well, 99 percent of them anyway. again, no complains.

my request for a driver's license, even though i knew it'd cost a bomb, he relented, without much dissent.

my accidental, note accidental, scratching of his vehicle's hubcap, which is irreplaceable according to my mum, he lets it slide without any looks of askance.

my childish antics around the house, he pretty much tolerates, and occasionally participates, like putting my softtoy in my mum's clothes and driving her crazy.

oh i could go on forever, metaphorically speaking. if you've noticed, my dad spoils me. my parents spoil me, that's what you get for being the youngest. hahahahahahahahaha.

today should be father's day, looking at the nature of my post; but it's not.

it is, however, perrine's birthday. so go over and wish her something appropriate. do remember to use proper english. =)

0 Responses to “happy father's day”

Post a Comment