i need anti-anal medication

"For goodness' sake, Rex! Please don't mistake my anal-retentiveness for actual affection!"




have i ever mentioned how much i identify with Bree from Desperate Housewives? all that cleaning and pruning and perfected smiles and not a hair out of place, yes i identify with them all.

not that i am like that in reality.

today i installed limewire, the fastest file-sharing application on earth, on my laptop, having tried it out in the office last week. after installation i noticed immediately, immediately, the shortcuts that were added on both my desktop and start menu.




can you see that?!?! the nerve!!!

not only does the shortcuts planted an additional columm into my start menu, it also plonked an extra icon onto my desktop!!! i've streamlined my desktop so that it is aesthetically pleasing with only one line of icons and one columm of menu! now limewire has ruined all of that!!!!!!!!

you should see my start menu, alphabetically lined! rationally organized! no one can beat it ok. now everytime my desktop loads i see that god-forsaken limewire icon. it's really testing my patience.

ARGH!

8 Responses to “i need anti-anal medication”

  1. # Blogger zhi yang

    wow, you're using the Macintosh background for your windows wallpaper. heh.

    Actually the icons on desktop can be deleted without any repercussion. And regarding the menu, that's what happens when you have too many applications. You neat obsessive freak. :)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You should try downloading bittorrent.  

  3. # Blogger brama

    haha, a tidy perfectionist indeed!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    FREAK!! ONE extra column and ONE extra icon; doesn't that hint to you that perhaps you should NOT dload? ;)

    -s.y.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Haha...I have tons of icons on my desktop which I don't really like coz they hide a certain portion of my wallpaper which irritates me. But then, they are there so that I need not go through the long way of going to search for the program.

    Well, if it bothers you so much then delete the program lorz. Haha...

    Hugz,
    BOSS  

  6. # Blogger None

    once u install, u give the program the green light to do what it wants on ur desktop...thats why im so wary installing stuff on my pc....sigh. ehehe  

  7. # Blogger zhi yang

    nadine: ask your brother to help create a user for your personal use?

    and limewire (according to my knowledge) is the only p2p client that does not install spyware upon its own installation, but i may be wrong.  

  8. # Blogger peiwen

    zhiyang: yeah i stole it frm my sch's mac. ssshhhhh.

    IZ: bittorrent good? it seems complicated.

    Anna: as opposed to being messy, of course being tidy (within reason) is good!

    sy: neh neh

    boss: i dont mind searching the long way if it makes my desktop looks good! and anyway, all my programs are attached to start menu so it isn't a big hassle.

    nad: so far so good! and yeah, like mentioned by zhiyang, they do say that they haven't got spyware, but they have ads.

    ah 9: yeah... but i can't help downloading! :S  

Post a Comment