health peril no. 1: blindness

i've had this weird, beyond weird, thought:

at times when my contact lenses get too dry i'd know it's time to take them off. it's likely to have been, afterall, more than 12 hours since i've had them on. i think i might go blind one day due to my cleaning habits, lack of actually, but i'll worry about that when it happens.

well a dry lens is hard to pluck out, i'm sure all you vain contacts wearers would understand, right? while it doesn't hurt at all having to pinch a few times in order to get the damn thing out of my eye; it is, however, very perturbing at the precise split second between finally removing my lens and my vision clearing (an irony in itself because one's vision cannot be clear after taking out one's lenses, can it?).
i sometimes feel like i've plucked out my conjunctiva along with it, and my eye then is truly "naked", in every literal sense of the word. what an experience.

but mother tells me my conjunctiva cannot be so easily removed, i can rest now, then.

eye woes aside, my mother (again) just reminded me this morning to "clear my handphone's inbox, it is 80 percent full". how is it possible that she's become aware that? i get no privacy around here!

0 Responses to “health peril no. 1: blindness”

Post a Comment