A changed mind

Back in the poly days I really abhorred exams. Anyone would in my position. A week's worth of revision only to have my overall grade pulled down substantially because the exam was worth 60 percent and because I am simply not one for exams.

Doesn't anyone else think 60 percent is too much? How is it that a two-hour paper is worth so much more than the essay or group report I spent two weeks (OK, really just two days) on? I get good grades during the semester (really), but they fly out the window whenever I have exams for that subject.

A good thing things don't work that way here. Although I do pity the lack of group work, exams only counted as much as the two or three assignments I had during the semester, which meant an exam or assignment usually averaged 30 to 40 percent of the entire grade.

Of course, it is marvellous as well that the lecturers really really don't want you to fail. I think at one point, the lecturers were thinking "Bloody hell, why can't he just pass and bugger off?" Two weeks before the exam we were given seven questions, out of which five were slated to appear on the actual paper, from that five, our instructions were to answer just two questions.

How fucking easy is that? Based on probability, I only had to choose four out of seven questions, and two are bound to come up. Imagine studying for a paper you already had the answers to. Y'know on second thought, I reckon exams aren't so bad afterall.

YUM
Dinner, fried chicken rice with diced chicken breasts and green beans - a night of culinary excellence. :P

3 Responses to “A changed mind”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't believe you applied probability. -_-"

    Are you going to try cooking laksa one day?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Haha...fried rice. Making me hungry lahz...  

  3. # Blogger peiwen

    Probability was my strong suit during E Maths... lol, I had to put what I learnt to good use.

    Laksa? Nahhh, not a fan of laksa (read: dunno how to cook)

    Boss! Means my pic succeeded... hahaha  

Post a Comment