Sailed on

Kids, knowing that you are consciously boarding the wrong bus and then catching sight of the correct bus an hour into your journey just totally and completely sucks.

Okay, bad analogy. So I should just explain my situation in plain English.

This semester, the one that's just over, I wanted to move out. I looked at four houses - three great ones, one not so great but liveable nonetheless - but decided to stay put because the houses were either out of my budget, or that I was the only female housemate. Being the only female bothered my mum, so for her peace of mind, I declined two houses.

Now I've paid my rental for the next semester and today my colleague, who is going off down south for a bit of fruit picking, tells me her room is available and it only costs $70 a week with everything included. The house is within walking distance of my campus, workplace, and shopping mart. A great house was sitting right under my nose and all I had to do was ask. Did I ask? Nooooo. I didn't even thought of asking. Sigh. Just kill me now.

4 Responses to “Sailed on”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    adult, why didn't you ask? :)

    -s.y.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    HAHA yeah adult, I have a problem with your analogy. lol
    You didn't know you boarded the wrong bus what. And anyway, your colleague will be back and you have to find another place now wouldn't you?  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yea, don't you just hate it when these things happen. I guess you're just not fated to live in her house...  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I could offer you this knife and this manual "How To Stab Yourself Correctly".  

Post a Comment