Saumon a l'unilatéral

Fact: I like cookbooks.

Ok go ahead, laugh, snigger, act shocked, give me that "you're fucking kidding!" look. I'm being serious here. I do try out recipes I deem easy or interesting enough, and today was salmon.

I have a love-love relationship with salmon and will eat any form of it - cooked, or raw. Same goes with cod, though I've never actually seen cod eaten raw. Anyhow. This recipe I got from the book "French Women Don't Get Fat". It's sort of a diet-cum-cookbook where it teaches you how to have your (triple chocolate) pie, eat every last spoonful, enjoy it trememdously, and feel nary a bite of guilt. Obviously based on the notion that we hardly see pudgy french ladies around (not very true, but that's not the point).

Saumon a l'unilatéral

So I got a medium-sized slice of salmon from Kailis Bros Fish Market along Oxford St in Leederville. Seafood lovers will go crazy in there. The place is divided into two halves: one side's one of those upmarket fish markets, the other is a seafood restaurant. Prices are of course higher than the supermarket's deli counter but since I was only buying a slice, it didn't make much difference.

Ok, so, ingredients:

4 pieces of salmon, about 100g each
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
  • Heat nonstick frying pan. Place salmon skin-side down, pour lemon juice, sprinkle salt, and cook for about six minutes over medium heat or until skin is crispy. Cut a slice to determine degree of cooking you want. Medium rare is best as it preserves most of the taste.

  • Season with extra-virgin olive oil and a sprig of fresh thyme.
I skipped the thyme part but it was deeeeeeeelicious nonetheless. My fish turned out more cooked than I had intended but yeah, deeeeeeeelicious nonetheless. :-P

2 Responses to “Saumon a l'unilatéral”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm not going to laugh or snigger coz I do remember us buying a cookbook as a birthday gift for you.

    Anyway, STOP MAKING ME HUNGRY...  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yah salmon looks overcooked.

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment