All smiles

Hi, I'm not totally sure if anyone is still reading this, because no readers = no purpose in blogging. But last night I checked my statcounter and was reassured, so all you people from far-flung countries like China and Switzerland, welcome! I also have a reader from Queenstown in Singapore. Haha, your ISP gives away too much information dude.

Let's not digress. Next week is my last week at work! I've said this countless times and I'll say it again, time flies! This has been my longest job evar. Well who knows how long I'll stay in my first proper job. I think, out of all the nitty gritties, I'm definitely gonna miss the regulars most. There's something about getting the hang of each customer's idiosyncrasies, right down to knowing everyone's orders. I think it's cute.

There are two lady customers we get - unrelated - whom I think are, for the lack of an appropriate word, well, weird. Maybe aloof, but without the negative connotation. Thing is, they just don't smile, ever. They come in around the same time about 3 - 4 times weekly and get the same item every time. You'd think after frequenting a shop for a year, you could consider yourself to be on pretty friendly terms with people who work at the shop. Smiles are good, aren't they? And what's it gonna hurt? Plus it really makes me feel bloody retarded when I get all convivial (and you know I'm not usually like that) and I greet you with the loveliest acknowledgments and you don't respond in kind! Make that you just don't respond at all and I feel so darn stupid!

It's like ignoring someone's offer of a handshake or hug. Plain embarrassing. If I see them on my last day, I'm so gonna tell them "If you smile... I might just give you a discount."

0 Responses to “All smiles”

Post a Comment