-___-"

Allow me to tell you about my day! Or to be more specific, allow me to tell you about my quest to get today's dinner. Thereafter you can proceed to laugh, smirk, or do whatever you want. Yes, you have my permission.

See, my housemates decided to get takeout this evening. As I was in class, I was a little late in replying their sms and so missed out on having them get dinner for me. :-(

I decide I want dinner from one of those Chinese restaurants in Northbridge (which is kinda like Geylang in Singapore, albeit no prostitutes, and generally cleaner). Northbridge is always crowded at night, whatever night. There are always people eating or drinking there, which means getting a parking lot will be tough unless you are willing to pay through your nose.

So I spotted this lot, and it happened to be part of a taxi queue. In Northbridge, parking is mostly by the roadside and you can't tell from far if one is a parking lot or if it's a taxi waiting area, you only see the signs when you get closer.

So it's a taxi lot. And... I decided to park anyway. I was only gonna be 10 minutes! How long does takeaway take?

But very apparently, luck was not on my side because

1. I scratched a dustbin while trying to parallel park (I'm only good at vertical parking!)
2. Which caused onlookers to stare.
3. And then this very very very kind man came to help guide me into parking, totally unnecessary because I was parking illegally.
4. After I was done, I thanked him profusely.



5. And then a taxi came and sounded his horn.

And I had to leave.

Yes all that hard work and embarrassment all for naught. I really pity the guy who helped me. Did I mention he also apologised to the taxi driver on my behalf and then helped stop traffic while I peel away from my lot? I should send him a bottle of wine.

(Cheap wine)

6 Responses to “-___-"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That was DAMN farni!!!! haha.. poor thing.. hope you got dinner in the end anyway!! Hate to say this.. who ask u 2 park illegally? :P Come back soon k.. miss you!  

  2. # Blogger Sorol Hunding

    Seriously, Pwen! D'oh! This is a complete Homer Simpson moment! Must be Karma getting to you for something... Hehehe  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Homer Simpson? Well I'll give you this: "Eat my shorts!" :-P  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    *shakes head*

    -cellmate  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That's just you lahz, Pwen.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    scratch the car again? haiz at ths rate i think me & up wld be able to compile a book on 'Driving:Pwen style'. it will come with a 'please dun try this at home disclaimer..

    ~ soffie  

Post a Comment