Pods full of peas


Taken from South Perth foreshore. I love this view. :) It's like Hong Kong, minus the romance.

I'm not a believer of the phrase "opposites attract". It is a rule that applies only to magnets and human couples only use it as a lie to get themselves laid. Same goes to friends, how can anyone be friends when you don't have an ounce of similarity?

Imagine my surprise, and then shock, when I found out the actions of one friend. Though after this particular incident I wouldn't use the word "friend" so loosely. Granted, nothing happened to me and I wasn't at all involved but still, you think you know and understand your friends, don't you? That you kinda know what are the boundaries of their behaviours? That you would take it that you guys share the same primary beliefs and values?

Or am I sounding a little old-fashioned?

I used to be quite detached about having friends and maintaining relationships. But I grew older and realised hey, this is it, why go out there and make friends when I already have friends and all I gotta do is maintain them? Isn't it better to have a few close friends than to have many acquaintances? Like already having the man of your dreams but still wanting to go out and play.

My reaction surprised me when I heard about what happened (I'm not going to mention what exactly happened but I think some would know it as the ATM and bastard story) and how much it affected me. I credited it to how friends in a group reflect on each other, so to a certain extent, is there some sort of personal responsibility involved in your friends' actions? Aren't friends supposed to be people you call when you want company or when you want to gossip? I shouldn't have had to shed any headspace worrying about their actions, should I?

I'm just gonna end this post here for now because suddenly I feel like going to sleep. It is 12.30AM afterall.

1 Responses to “Pods full of peas”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    didn't believe in "opposites attract" either till i discover in a r/s, there's certain truth in it. eg, if both parties are impatient, how does a r/s work out?

    i guess it's human nature to seek for novelties when they've alrdy owned one. only when u've lost it,u'd treasure it.

    as for the atm & bastard story,wow, it's a complicated web. good luck!

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment