Enjoying enjoyment

Friday Wedding

The Singaporean mother and I drank ourselves to a mild stupor last night sharing an '06 chenin blanc. Of course, if you thought about it, esteemed people like ourselves - a well-to-do mother of two and a rational student, that would be me, ahem - probably wouldn't be caught wildly drunk so a "mild stupor" would be apropos.

I am so tired right now I wish I was already retired and am only attempting to enjoying life. Honestly, uni has been tough for the past two semesters. When the uni says you are a full-time student, they mean it seriously, for "full-time" translates into multiple readings, essays, blogs (as assignments, yes), and research that demand your limited attention during after-school hours. It's akin to working 9 to 6, and taking up a part-time job in addition to uni is like working full-time and moonlighting as a prostitute. Except maybe a prostitute does not have to deal with an incompetent boss and slow co-workers. Hmmmm, maybe I should consider a change of career path. :P

0 Responses to “Enjoying enjoyment”

Post a Comment