Reflections

So on Christmas eve, the idea came to me was how nice it would be to visit Fremantle Market on Friday and perhaps get some neat souveniry things. Not like I wasn't going to return to Perth in five weeks but shopping is always fun you know.

Anyhow the weekend market was a little disappointing, and embarrassing. Disappointing because it was no different from Subiaco Market, where I had been at least a dozen times; and embarrassing because this stupid shopkeeper thought I was the kids' mum.

OK, let's bring you up to speed. I went to Freo Market with the mum and of course her kids came along. I have to say they were pretty well behaved lately. Or perhaps you could say I was pms-ing last week.

So I was buying fruits when this shopkeeper, whom I assume is from China - judging by his accent and look - asked me "Is she your daughter?" The kid looked kinda dazed and I gave a very vehement no, and as if that wasn't enough to make him shut up, he went on to ask "Your sister?"

If he could just stand back and look at my entire group, commonsense would tell you who the mum is, who the kids are, and who is the mum's friend. Just open your eyes to look, you stupid fruit seller!

I know I'm overreacting just a bit. But if you can't already tell, kids just aren't my cup of tea. Sure they're fun to play with but actually looking after them? You might as well ask me to try snorting milk up my nose.

2 Responses to “Reflections”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    My first reaction: "Wahahahaha!"

    Why didn't you just tell him they were your grandkids...  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You're such a bugger  

Post a Comment