Happy 2007

Looking out from Perth Airport

I thought I would be better prepared for coming home this time. At least, more prepared than last December. Evidently, this time's arrival has proven that no matter how you try to brace or anticipate the changes and emotions you could experience upon coming home after 46 weeks (I've been keeping track), some things just make me miss Perth a lot.

Gosh I'm Perth-sick. :S

Anyhow, I had a very turbulent flight. And turbulence has been known to make me hurl. But medication and lots of crossed fingers have kept my lunch safely in my stomach where it belongs. But you know what? Half of me can't wait to get back because Perth = independence & car, but the other half is wishing five weeks wouldn't fly by because going back would mean helping the damn neighbour cart her kids' milk powder and assessment books back - all 'cause of your typical kiasu parenting and why can't her kids just drink Aussie milk? I knew all that free dinners wasn't without a motive. Bugger.

0 Responses to “Happy 2007”

Post a Comment