HUAT ah!

Today is Chinese New Year! As you can see, the excitement (or lack of) of this special day in the lunar calendar has left me a slight limitation to my vocabulary, so I shall just announce it in a direct fashion: Today is Chinese New Year!

Obviously celebrating in Perth is heaps different. No family and relatives for one, lesser ang pows for another.

Nonetheless! I managed to see something you miserable Singaporeans would not be able to see your short lifetimes. Live firecrackers just 3m in front of my own eyes! How about that? I reckon security in Chinatown would probably be very cautious with all the barricades and stuff (I guess, since I've never been to Chinatown on New Year's Eve to see these things), plus, back home I never felt the need to actively watch those lion dances. But I take what I can get here eh.

Anyhow, Gong Hei Fatt Choy to all Chinese readers! 如意吉祥平安年 好运连连连一年!

P.S. Cellmate: You huat, I huat!

1 Responses to “HUAT ah!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yeah yeah, you huat, i huat, cut6 huat!! =)

    -cellmate  

Post a Comment