Taking the motherland for granted

I had a good weekend. Pftt, what a stupid line. Anyhow, Friday night was dinner at Matsuri and Saturday was dinner at Utopia. This is how much I like nippon food: I work at a Japanese cafe, and I eat at Japanese restaurants after my working hours. What a geek eh.

Seems like every Japanese place in Perth is heaps better than where I work, even though we get a lot of regular customers who swear by our sushi rolls religiously. Oh today's post is going to be short and succinct. Friday night I drove out to dinner. Daylight savings and an early dinner is a great combination, by the time we left the restaurant there was more than enough light for us to walk to my car safely. Saturday, however, was a different story. Dinner was late and I decided not to drive. When we were done, it was truly nighttime and Northbridge was starting to look a tad intimidating. It was only 9pm but we decided it was best to head home.

It's a different feeling walking down Orchard Road at night alone and walking through a darkened City of Perth without any company. I never had to worry about any form of aggression going through Singapore's streets, even at midnight. But come nightfall in Perth and I'm running home if I happen to be alone. Just reminds me how much we really take Singapore's safety for granted.

1 Responses to “Taking the motherland for granted”

  1. # Blogger Sorol Hunding

    Yeah I'm sure their nights are dark...... The dark dark nights...
    Buy a pepper spray~
    Or smoke like I do. Cigarette burns are nasty shite. XD  

Post a Comment