oh happy day

happy valentine's day to my attached readers. and myself.
happy valentine's day to myself.

anyways, i got surveyed today outside john little at somerset. something about shopping and orchard road.
and there was a little part about one's status and there were four choices: married, divorced, single, available.

and because i said i was under 24 years old, my surveyor took me to be either single or available.
not married, not divorced.

i mean, i could be below 24 years of age and be married. couldn't i? yes it's rare but what's to say that that couldn't be possible?

at that point in time i was really really tempted to say i was married and perhaps chance upon a look of surprise on the surveyor's face.
but honesty won and i replied single.

damn.

and another thing, you know the cliche, "the key to a man's heart is through is his stomach"?

well i quite disagree.

because today i discovered it is actually (ahemrajanahem) distress. distress and being emotional.

let me explain myself.

i went to sim lim square, mecca of electronics, just this afternoon to do an exchange for something i bought recently.

well the salesman who serviced me (oh that sounds wrong) wasn't there. and they had different accounts for each salesperson i guess. tres complicated.
basically i couldn't do what i wanted to without my salesguy there.

then i got desperate. i mean, look, sim lim is not that convenient a place to go to in my opinion. i don't want to go back there again or risk not being able to exchange my purchase because then it would have been out of the 7-day refund period.

so i kinda acted like i was really desperate, irritated, irate and holding-back-tears at the same time.
and bullied the guy a little too, i have to admit.

well it must have worked because he relented. in that oh-i-give-up kinda manner.

haha. victory is mine. i'm so proud of myself.

excuse me while i submerge myself in a moment of glee.

0 Responses to “oh happy day”

Post a Comment