regret




yahoo has jumped on the 1gb bandwagon! this makes it all so tempting to switch to yahoo permanently because ironically, my yahoo account doesn't seem to get any spam despite it being designated that purpose (oops). my gmail account gets about 5 spam per day, yahoo gets that amount in a week. me thinks someone has conveniently plucked my gmail account for some dubious sign-ups. if only i could find out who that is.

anyhow,

back in march i went for an interview with a production house near tiong bahru, they were advertising for an intern to help them through with a Singapore Idol drama they were filming. the interview went on pretty great; i was their first interviewee, she told me she liked our videos and went on to discuss their production schedule and what my duties (video editing, amongst others) and allowance (420) would be.

sounds like i've already gotten the job, right?

that what i thought then too. but the interview was concluded with her saying she would give me a call by the end of that week.

so i waited for a week. there weren't any call, just the disappointment that comes with not getting what you've been wanting.

this evening i was walking to the train station after work when i discovered i had missed three phone calls during a meeting earlier in the day. they were not numbers i had in my address book. acting on a hunch and making a move that was unlike me, i dialed the latest number.

it turned out to be the interviewee from the abovementioned production house.

she told me production was going to start soon and that it was time to provide me details on starting work.

my mind went "huh?"

i remember my interviewee clearly, what i don't remember was her offering me the job.

so i reluctantly explained my circumstances, that i had found another job because i didn't think she'd called back.

when i explained things to my mum over dinner, well, complained, to be more specific. mum said i should have called back two weeks later to enquire about the job and to thank the interviewer for her time, yada yada. it never hit me that that was what i should have done. all those lessons on professional preparation and job interviews from the super stringent king rajan, and i forget them even before i graduate. how nice. i'm definitely paying for it now.

2 Responses to “regret”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i don't get 5 spam even in a month! but my yahoo does get that amount every month, at least.

    and yahoo is more secured than gmail...i'm regretting too.

    i guess if you really want a particular job badly, you should do follow-up..

    anywayz, instead of looking back, look forward and be positive! :D

    -s.y.  

  2. # Blogger Unknown

    Aw, dont be 'dui'! There will be other opportunities in future im sure!  

Post a Comment