V day

Guess what I got for Valentine's Day.

Besides a dinner date with the single girls (not an all-expenses-paid thing, neither were flowers given), my mother gave me ingredients for my very own almond jelly.

Did I mention how much I love almond jelly? I love almond jelly. My dad's eldest sister makes the best almond jelly evar. It's the only thing I look forward to during Chinese New Year. Having wrangled the not-so-secret recipe from her in between angbaos and bak kwa, mum apparently thought it would a swell idea for yours truly to make her very own almond jelly on Valentine's Day.

So tonight, with four bowls of water, a half bowl of sugar, one bottle of almond essence, and one can of evaporated milk later, I have four servings of almond jelly, and am waiting for mum to try it first. Will let you guys know if things turn tragic.

2 Responses to “V day”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good luck. Am waiting to hear your mum's comments coz I know she'll have something really funny to say.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    pls tell us her comments. haha..if it wasnt tragic, then perhaps u can make some for us next time ;)  

Post a Comment