JAPAN has begun to watch digital television broadcasts on mobile telephones, in a highly anticipated service that could lead to a new genre of TV programs.

What do you reckon? DTV on mobile phones means better image quality (duh) and longer tv time per battery life, about three hours or so. I kinda think I like phones just they way they are now - with camera that're just VGA quality, colour screens and mp3 ringtones - but come Singapore's turn to launch this, I just might be eating my words.

6 Responses to “Sorry honey, can I call you back? I'm watching television on my mobile”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    this entry reminds me of NCT. (is nct, right?)

    -s.y.  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    I think so... one of ping's modules, the blog one  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I thought Singapore already has this thingy where you can watch drama serials on your handphone? But whatever lahz, Japan's technology is moving much faster. When we were using regular handphones, their's already had coloured screens and camera functions.

    Oh and the whole i-mode thing, Japan had that way long ago. Haha, the only reason Per and I would want i-mode is so we can read JWeb messages. Muahahahahaha...  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yes, it was nct :)

    for me, the ultimate would be some mobile device that would enable me to watch live tv from anywhere in the world!

    pingster  

  5. # Blogger peiwen

    but think of the costs and detriment to etiquette! O_o  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    pingster, won't you crown us your best-est student? we remember your modules after sooooo long! :P

    for me, i still prefer traditional. traditional broadsheet papers, traditional (colour) TV coz those high-tech TV have buttons that I don't use and don't recognize which irks me.

    but pw is right about the cost. not many are able to afford and it'll prob raise a higher SOL and leads to many other negative impacts.

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment