The real meaning of Labour Day

Today's Labour Day in Westralia. That means it's a public holiday. What happens on public holidays? People don't go to work, shopping centres are closed, the buses run more infrequently, people, in general, stay at home.

The good uni, however, decides classes are to go on as normal. Do I hear something like a "WTF?!?" Well I have to say I bloody well agree. Who the hell attends classes on a public holiday? Here I thought I'd get a nice, long weekend to kick back after a harrowing first week at uni (heh) made worse by mum's repeated "It'll only get harder you know" but nooooooooo, the uni's pretty big on punishments, I hear.

The weather didn't help of course. It sucks knowing that people in Adelaide are enjoying cool breezes at 29 degress while we here in the Sunshine State practically become hot tuna at 36 degrees with no signs of cooler temperatures in the near future. Help.

0 Responses to “The real meaning of Labour Day”

Post a Comment