Make room for (cheap) ideas

There are some things in this world that would take me a while (read: 30-60 min) to pick out when shopping. Lingerie, sanitary napkins, milk, CDs, books, and - this I wasn't even aware of until yesterday - bedsheets and duvet covers.

Ikea has one of the biggest selection of affordable duvet covers I've seen. I was at Robinsons earlier this week and the (numskulled) sales person recommended me $99 duvet covers. Hello? Do I look like I sleep on $99 sheets? I am a poor student who's just particular about having clean sheets to sleep on at night, not your usual Robinsons tai-tai who'd pooh-pooh at $99 duvet covers and go for $200 ones. Not everyone is a sales target who contributes to your commission. It wasn't like there weren't cheaper ones there, the sales lady just wanted to make me buy the expensive ones. Like I said, numskulled.

So I went to Ikea, poor furniture for poor folks, and y'know, sometimes having too many choices can be such a headache. Stripes? Spots? English roses? Cartoon characters? Plain? Green? Blue? Red? Beige? White? Cotton? Satin? And what exactly is a bedspread? What purpose does it serve?

You don't need to know how long I spent in there. Just know that I settled for $39 english roses. Even Mum likes it. I kinda forced her with something like "Nice right?! Nice right?! I think it's nice! Isn't it nice? It's nice!" so of course she said "Yah... nice." Oh but it could be the almond jelly though, she did look a bit faint then. :S

2 Responses to “Make room for (cheap) ideas”

  1. # Blogger girlinatower

    now i see why u r looking for cheap durvet covers. I get them at less than S$20 here. Muhaha...  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Tai-tai who rolls on satin bedsheets. HAHAHA...  

Post a Comment