How to give yourself (and people around you) a heart attack

It's not surprising I end up having too many things to pack. My family members are light travellers, but I'm not. My stingy self is packing a whole lotta of stuff I can easily get in Perth, but just don't want to spend my money on. Thank god though, I've nearly done my check-in luggage.

Mum was pushing my suitcase around - that's the only way to move it, it's too heavy to be lifted up - and singing "It's heavy~ It's heavy~" so we decided to weigh it. We all want to sleep soundly tonight knowing no extra costs will be incurred by excess baggage.

So,

"Eh you hold the scale, I lift the suitcase."
"Really can ah? The suitcase bigger than the scale leh, will break or not?"
"Can one. Put gently ah."
"Ok. Can you see?"
"50..."
"50?!?"
"47... nearly 50."
"So heavy meh?"
"47 mah... You come and see."
"Huh?!?! Like that how? Must pay a lot or not? How come so heavy? Last time only 31kg leh."
"Then how? Take out some things ah?"
"But I need everything!"

In that moment of contemplation, Dad - our saviour - walked over.

"So? Overweight ah?"
"47..."
"Are you sure!? I see I see."
"24kg lah!! Where got 47? That one is pounds! Pounds!"

"... ..."
"... ..."

"Oh yeah. Yeah... 24."

5 Responses to “How to give yourself (and people around you) a heart attack”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i think the modern generation are not light travellers. you, stef and me are like these. tsk tsk!!

    -cellmate  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  

  3. # Blogger girlinatower

    muhaha. Yes, I am not a light traveller. For the same reasons as you. I don't wanna spend more money on things that I need here.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I have nothing to say except...to LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Last time was about the hairdryer, now the suitcase.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL..u all very blur leh..  

Post a Comment