"So where the bloody hell are you?!?"

I never was one to rave about tourism campaigns - simply because they're just geeky - but I have to say, this latest one from Downunder really caught my eye, and everyone else's.



M&C Saatchi's behind it, by the way.

I think credit really goes to the ad's punchline "So where the bloody hell are you?" We all thought the English were the ones who came up with "bloody" but apparently not. Britain has, in fact, banned the advertisement for its inappropriate use of that typical Australian slang. I hear Singapore will only show a clean version too. Bummer.

Anyhow, the TVC can be downloaded here (Quicktime, 3.9MB). Cheers!

Oh, and regarding my getting fired in the previous post, I just have to say what an assssssss my boss is. I know it's pretty rude of me to say "Walau, those China ah peks, their English really cannot make it" but it's true isn't it? The boss had meant to say "Go to the kitchen (which is at the back end)" but ended up asking me to "Go back" which is, of course, an entirely different meaning! I swore I heard him say "You go home" though, but who am I to argue with an old man?

6 Responses to “"So where the bloody hell are you?!?"”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Omg...you worked for a China ah pek who couldn't speak considerably good English?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with using the words "bloody hell". It's just a figure of speech and not used as some vulgarity so I think it's perfectly ok.

    Aiyah...Singapore ar...please lorz. Kids are using the words "f***" and "c***b**" like nobody's business. Isn't that worse?  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    tsk tsk tsk! normal concept but the copy & tagline brings out the gist of the ad. really good!!

    where the bloody hell is boss' creativity? *sighs*

    -s.y.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    bum bum bummer.
    what's wrong?

    ron kept saying "bloody hell"
    in harry potter movies and
    KIDS watch em  

  5. # Blogger peiwen

    Boss: Yeah on hindsight I should have listened to Jo and avoided working for China people altogether. :S I'm definitely eating my actions now.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ur blog never fails to make my day! i laughed and laughed so hard that had tears coming out of my eyes! :)

    pingster  

Post a Comment