This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Today's entry would prolly do better with an accompanying photo so my apologies about that.

(edit, alritey, I took the photo)



I saw this really novel bit of outdoor advertising while I was waiting at the bus stop. It was on one of those JCDecaux boards and was a promo for M-I:3 and what made it stood out was its interactivity. They've got this little spot on the poster that allows you to connect with your mobile phone via infra-red and you get free wallpapers and ringtones, M-I:3 related, of course. The ringtone I got went "This message will self destruct in five seconds." Cool huh? Never thought outdoor advertising could be interactive in such a way so kudos to the team who thought that idea up.

6 Responses to “This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Wait a minute...are you back in Singapore?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I take that comment back. Coz my sis just enlightened the ignorant me. Those boards are like everywhere...worldwide. That's what she said...  

  3. # Blogger peiwen

    Hahahaha, yep, apparently there're everywhere in Australia as well. I can hardly imagine the money going into this.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    the power of technology! it's so cool! wished they will do this in sg. wahhhhhh

    btw, FCB moved to macdonald's hse. i saw the ad @ the bus stop jus now @ dhoby ghaut.

    -s.y.  

  5. # Blogger peiwen

    not at suntec anymore? (you know where suntec is or not? city hall mrt there you know?)

    i think that m-i:3 poster is everywhere lah... rite?  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    no longer at suntec. they did up the creative in the bus ad shell. caught my eye this morning.

    oh, suntec is where city hall mrt is ha. took me a while to remember the origin of this! :P

    m-i:3 poster, i haven't seen in singapore (yet). or is it just me? haha

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment