Keeping up

Have you downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer?

Don't worry, I'm still on the Firefox bandwagon but IE7 is something you have to have a look at. Tabbed browsing, advanced print previews, page zooms up to 400%, phishing filter, and my favourite, quick tabs - a really nifty tool that allows you to view on a single page all the tabs you have opened, like when you view all your powerpoint slides? Yeah it's like that. Of course, plus all that security stuff I don't really get but yeah, it's an improvement.

I have to say IE7 is definitely much better than IE6 feature-wise. But that goes without saying doesn't it? Of course Firefox is still my browser-of-choice, simply because there are some things IE is being a complete idiot to. Do me a favour guys, upgrade to IE7 if you can't be arsed to switch to Firefox. That is the least you can do.

(On a slightly different note: Firefox has just released their 2nd version. Upgrade, or download, if you haven't already!)

2 Responses to “Keeping up”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Can you tell me what's so good about Firefox? Coz I've had some customers having problems buying their travel insurance on our website coz they use Firefox or Safari and it can't read something in the code.  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    What's so good about Firefox? Just about everything!

    When I installed IE7, it asked me to turn off my anti-virus and also required me to restart my laptop, the Firefox installation took minutes and it was up and running much faster.

    Although both browsers had tabbed browsing, Firefox allows me to restore my tabs if I accidentally closed them (which IE can't).

    Plus, a popup in Firefox asks you if you want to clear your history, cache, cookies, etc at the end of your browsing session (IE doesn't, you have to do it manually).

    Firefox has an in-built spell checker, so you can correct mistakes in emails or blog comments (like this one).

    IE has a history of security problems, Firefox doesn't, and Firefox fixes problems much much much faster than IE does.

    Having said all that, the only reason people use IE more is because it comes with their PC and let's face it, the average user is too lazy to change what they're comfortable with.

    As for display problems, that's because all browsers speak html a bit different from each other, no point designing a firefox-enabled website when most of your visitors use IE.  

Post a Comment