Today I watched my boss pick up food that was dropped, dropped food, in which she repackaged it and put it back on display.

I have no idea where she placed that particular box of sushi rolls but hey, good luck to the fella who bought it.

And today too, she called me stupid. Maybe it's just me, but the word "stupid" is like how some people regard the word "fuck". I don't have it in me to tolerate people who call other people stupid, and it is a Golden Rule thing to me - I will never use the word stupid on someone, much less take it too nicely if someone were to call me stupid.

I made a mistake on a customer's order because it was a special order and I have never done it before. OK first I will tell it from my boss's point of view: I've had more than one opportunity to learn when my co-workers were doing that particular order, but I didn't.

My point of view? I made a mistake on something I've never done before, and my boss called me stupid because of that.

It hardly seems fair. I would have totally taken it in stride had she gone off on my mistake with something like "Haven't you seen (co-worker's name) do that order before?!" instead of a "Why you so stupid?!"

I got so pissed at her I refused to talk to her throughout my shift. And yes, that is possible. I'm not being petty on this. Everyone has a thing that sets them off and calling me stupid is my thing. You know what's worse? When you have all these smart comebacks that are just dying to gush out, but can't because, dammit, she's your boss.

3 Responses to “In which the phrase "It's just one of those days" doesn't convince me anymore”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    bad boss. definitely.

    prays that she takes the dropped food for herself.

    -s.y.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    No it's not just you.

    DIE BOSS DIE!*

    'stupid' is an insult she absolutely cannot use on intelligent beings like us. *GRIN* I have to stop using your blog as opportunities to praise ourselves but hey! I know you're doing it on purpose...

    *not 7ner's boss heh.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Your boss is damn insulting. Tell her to study HR like how to motivate your employees. *rolls eyes*  

Post a Comment