Neighbourly goodness

To be honest, I'm not your definition of a good neighbour. Not only would I cut off your plants if they were in the way, I would also much rather dump my rubbish in your bins if I could. :P

Last week a drunk man stole a little japanese decorative ornament from the restaurant where I work, while my colleague was alone in the kitchen, closing up for the day. The girl at our neighbouring shop, Brumby's (the cute little bakery), caught sight of his misdemeanor and gave chase.

You wouldn't be too surprised at this but I wouldn't run after the guy if I were her. Even if I was in the shop at that time, I probably would have let him go. Likewise, if someone stole a doughnut from Brumby's and I saw it, guess what, I wouldn't have done anything either. Like I said, I'm not a good neighbour.

Well she didn't catch him in the end. The police did, turned out he'd stolen a knife from the supermarket as well. We didn't get the ornament back though, wonder what happened to it.

7 Responses to “Neighbourly goodness”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you won't give the chase because you're like the drunk man. remember the spinelli mission?

    -s.y.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yea...I wouldn't have chased the guy since it's just a small ornament and well, he's drunk. Don't think I'll be able to "fight" him. But anyhow, luckily your next door neighbour decided to give chase since he stole a knife as well. Might have gone on a wild stabbing spree...

    Haha s.y, thanks for reminding us that our dear Pwen has certain habits which don't reflect too well. Remember the can of Heaven & Earth Calamansi green tea? Hehe...  

  3. # Blogger peiwen

    Gasp!

    Don't say anything about the starbucks cups, spinelli cup, and calamansi tea!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    We already knew that we didn't want to be your neighbour! This just... reinforces that idea. =)

    And no actually I think it's more dangerous that she chased him because he had a knife. He could have used it on her.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    pw, you've got witnesses to your bad bad habits. tsk tsk

    and to add to the list, it's the cinnamon croissant from SP's FC6 bakery.

    -s.y.  

  6. # Blogger peiwen

    sy: croissants. plural. haha ;)  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    n u have the audacity to say it. if we were to compile a list of your special limited collection, it's going to be a long one.

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment