Karma sucks sometimes

As requested,

1985 Honda Accord

Did I not mention it is as old as I am? Yeah. But I kinda like it's classic look. Today I went to photograph it - seems like every driver takes all-angle photos of their cars, my dad did it to all his cars, a friend did it, and now me - and turns out there was a string of bird poo on my rear window. Very nice. :S

Coincidentally I received this email from a dog-lover friend. It's titled "How to tell if you're driving too fast".

Driving too fast

It might be just me but it was really hilarious on so many levels. I just got a car and you are telling me the signs of driving too fast, and using a dog as an example?!? It really reminded me of the days where you would wear a green T-shirt, carry your green backpack, put out your green pencil case... and proclaim "My favourite colour is green." Oh, is it? We couldn't tell! (Btw I hope Lucy's still alive :P)

And now, something that really made my day.

I was going to work on Tuesday and was along Newcastle St when a red light came. So, naturally, I stopped. I was about the third car in line and no one was behind me. Couple of minutes later the light changed and we all started to move off. You know how it is when the lights only just turned green and the cars wait for the cars in front to start moving? So I had only just lifted my foot off the brake pedal and was going to tap the accelerator when a combination of a loud bump and a foward jerk startled me. I caught the painful snag of the seatbelt across my collarbone and saw, in my rear view mirror, a red Beemer with her top down, the male driver talking on his phone, and his car unscathed.

But what about my car?

1985 Honda Accord

OK it's not that bad. Actually it hurts my self-esteem more to drive around like that and not wanting to fork out money for a new bumper. Call me stupid but I didn't stop to ask for some sort of compensation. I've never been in an accident before, and neither Dad nor driving lessons told me what I should do if something like this happened. You know what was the best part? I wasn't even pissed. The only thing I could think of was "Did that just happened to me?"

Oh and the bird poo. It's a very bad week.

6 Responses to “Karma sucks sometimes”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ... u didn't even stop to ask for compensation? do u know in any case, the car which got hit from the back is always NOT in the wrong? sighs!

    i wished i could sit in the passenger seat in your car, with you as driver. *wonders what kind of driver you are* hee

    -s.y.

    p/s: lucy is (unfortunately :P) still alive.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Awww poor thing!
    I'll wham the stupid driver,if I was there, for you. Esp when the knnfh was on the phone lah! =(

    And it looks worse than it sounds. Esp when you told me it was a 'kiss' on sms. It would bug me for a week. I hope you're better now!

    Oh s.y! I've been her passenger. Meh heh heh  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hey... its really a coincidence :p when i sent u that email it didn't occur to me that u just got a car!

    yah agree with sy, u could hv ask for compensation, at least to repair ur car.. he's in the wrong!

    And lucy is alive & well :) (roll eyes at sy)  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    perr: were you badly shaken after being her passenger? hahah!!

    dog-lover friend: it's time for lucy. it is, it is.

    oh pw: u cld have done my signature gesture, u know...

    -s.y.  

  5. # Blogger peiwen

    I was shocked more than anything, didn't know how to react. But I know better now...

    Anyway, when I gave you a lift Perr, I was under probation and doing 80kph on the expressway, haha. I'm much better now! (I think, then again Perth is a better area to drive)  

  6. # Blogger girlinatower

    wah... when I asked for a photo of ur car, I ddn't expect it to be done this way.. So how it is now? No great damage ya?

    u got insurance?  

Post a Comment