Ham & Cheese Soufflé

Ham + Cheese Souffle

I got this recipe from Kraft Foods and thought I'd try it out.

It's the No Fail Bacon & Cheese Soufflés but I substituted bacon with ham and baked it in a loaf tray, not muffin cups. Oh, and I didn't add mustard.
3 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp flour
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices ham, crumbled
4 eggs, separated

PREHEAT oven to 180°C. Melt margarine in saucepan on medium heat; stir in flour. Cook 1 min. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in ham. Cool slightly. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.

BEAT egg whites with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff but not dry, about 5 min. Gently fold into yolk mixture. Pour into lightly greased nonstick tray.

BAKE 25 min, or until puffed and set.
I have to admit, I've never eaten soufflés before, much less seen what one looks like, so I wouldn't really know if it'd turned out right. Anyways, it's a lot like quiche and since I baked it, it obviously tastes great. :P

1 Responses to “Ham & Cheese Soufflé”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    when u come back, bake for me and i'll tell you if it's nice.

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment