Having your mother close the door in your face

The previous night I called home after about two months of not having spoken to my mum. Emails just don't do enough justice when I want to act cute. :P

We talked for about an hour. The great thing about public phones in Australia is how far a single 50 cent coin gets you. You can make all the calls you want on 50 cents. There isn't a limit on how long you wanna talk, or how many calls you make. Brilliant, isn't it? If I can put aside how inherently filthy public phones are, I might just stop using my mobile altogether.

Mum asked the usual questions, what was I cooking, how much have I spent, have I gained weight, how are my results, etc, etc, including her all time favourite question, "Have you found a boyfriend?" I swore her previous questions were some sort of lead up to this.

"No, I don't have time for a boyfriend! I'm either at class, at work, or studying. Where got time for boyfriend?"

"Really no boyfriend?"

"NO!"

There was a pause.

"Unless you want to find me one."

"I send you there to study, I pay for your tuition, your rental, your allowance. I pay for everything and you still expect me to find you a boyfriend?!?!

"That's a bit too much right???"

5 Responses to “Having your mother close the door in your face”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL LOL LOL!!! your mum is so cute! hahaha

    btw, i thought smelly was mailed to you on v-day for you to enjoy? lost mail ar?

    -s.y.  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    Smelly got lost by the postman. :(  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    how can that be? he's so distinctive by his smell and size... :P

    -s.y.

    p/s: pls don't be offended yah  

  4. # Blogger peiwen

    I dunnoooooo, I never got the parcel. :S I think Smelly might've had a change of heart (to obaasan)  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    :O

    no wonder she hasn't been making noise. she's silently enjoying whilst you suffer. poor thing!!

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment