Neither parent nor pram

Summer is a killer. Entering your car after having parked for two hours in the summer heat is a bigger killer, no joke. Today I was determined to snare one of those rare sheltered lots at Galleria so I circled and waited for about four minutes before I spotted one, one, sheltered lot out of Galleria's 4,235 lots (sheltered:unsheltered = 900:3,335).

Not bad eh, for my patience.

I had recalled seeing heaps of sheltered parking lots on my previous visits (when I didn't have a car yet) but somehow, the lots disappeared when I was looking for them today.

Shopping centres here aren't like Takashimaya or even Tampines Mall back home where all the parking lots are in one spot - underground. Because shopping centres here are horizontally developed rather than vertically, one often finds oneself walking and walking and walking just to get from one end to another. Look on the bright side, that large double chocolate sundae you had before your shopping spree probably had whittled into thin air.

So I managed to grab a sheltered lot.

Something should have gone off in my head when I noticed all, and I mean all, the cars around mine had car seats in them. That's pretty weird, and a bit freaky isn't it? Had all the mothers in Perth come out in full force? Was I going to be buttonholed by the mummy brigade?

Oh, I got my answer a few steps later. Oh yeah.



Yeah that pretty much explained it.

I didn't move my car though. 900 sheltered lots, there's plenty of parking for you mummies. :-P

2 Responses to “Neither parent nor pram”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Would you get a ticket or something for not following the sign?  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    No... haha, I dont think so  

Post a Comment