Ingenious ways of living

One thing that strangely perks me up early Monday mornings when I have to travel the one hour train-cum-bus ride to Joondalup is seeing smart office folks in peak hour traffic.

The hustle-bustle of rushing crowds and cars seem quite like Singapore, except the people here look more aesthetically pleasing. Well, don't hit me now, but Singaporeans in the early hours look like they wanna pulverize you. Jesus. Is smiling such hard work?

(Yeah well, I should speak for myself.)

Which brings me to graffiti.

Graffiti is big here in Perth. On buses, signposts, walls, street signs, windows, you name it, they've graffitied it. I was going past this group of condo-esque apartments when I noticed this spray-painted word (that I could not recognise) there - a new addition. Plus, some signposts get twisted in the wrong direction which renders map-reading completely haywire. I'd know. Yours truly spent 15 bloody minutes figuring the right direction to the bank simply because someone had turned the sign to the childcare centre in a wrong direction! Hmph!

Some help eh.

Cooking is another problem.

Fortunately dinners are taken care of by a group of us who contribute to a kitty. They cook and I help wash up. Not that I can't cook, mind you, I can do wonderful soups and pasta and sandwiches and all things microwaveable, but hey, if someone else wants to do the cooking, by all means!

Anyhow, I just did an entire packet of sea shell pasta for my week's brunch. Whew. Unless one happens to love cooking (the type of love that puts cooking before one's partner), preparing one's meals every single day is simply damn, for the want of a more suitable word, sian. As such, I've taken to preparing food one week in advance.

Just like my housemates, we cook our week's meals in advance, store in fridge or freezer, and when time comes, helloooo microwave! Isn't that completely ingenious? So my pasta sits in little balls of cling-wrapped, urm, balls for me to easily microwave. Heh heh heh. Sorry lah, uni students too busy to cook one. You understand. :)

3 Responses to “Ingenious ways of living”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    the wonders of the mircrowave oven  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You seem to be eating pasta all the time...  

  3. # Blogger peiwen

    actually it's just my second packet. ;)  

Post a Comment