Old habits die hard, new habits form easy

What's most interesting is that I see traits beginning to develop as a result of my time here. Eight weeks is not a long time, but long enough to notice that I've started to automatically keep bread in the freezer, pair fruits with vanilla yogurt, drink soy milk, and - this should not be encouraged - having a designated chips-&-alcohol night almost every week.

(A couple of weeks ago I tried Baileys Glide and I've also figured out how to safely keep wine in the refrigerator.)

What I had expected to pick up upon Perth arrival was cooking skills. Instead, I had learnt the abovementioned, and improved my sandwich-making creativity. This is not to say I haven't been cooking for myself at all, oh no. Didn't I mention sandwiches in a previous sentence? Well, that and the occasional fried egg (sunny side up!) and cabbage when yours truly feel like it. Mum's gonna be so pleased.

Speaking of cooking,

Bec, my housemate, burnt her dinner two nights ago. Haha. She was doing some job application when she forgot about her cooking. Whooops! Heh. So for that entire night and a bit of the morning after, our kitchen had this chao tar smell. Bec was so embarrassed she made a note for us:



of course it should really be:

Apologies for the smell COMMA I burnt my dinner PERIOD Sorry COMMA Bec
xoxo

But I shall not be anal about this.

Oh, wait, I already have! :)

4 Responses to “Old habits die hard, new habits form easy”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Since you're as anal as can be.. I should take the chance to be just that!
    1st sentence (tsk tsk, already!):
    "What's most interesting is that..."

    In the 3rd para, you spelled 'occasional' wrongly! And..
    "...yours truly feels (or felt) like it."

    5th para: 'embarrassed' spelt wrongly! Aiyo!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Ehz...how come our comments disappeared? Pwen, you deleted them is it? I know you did...  

  3. # Blogger peiwen

    Yes I did. I also changed part of my entry, if you hadn't already noticed. Some past entries were also changed.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh well...I certainly can't remember what was there originally. Dory syndrome lahz. Haha...  

Post a Comment