This is some cool shite (Updated 12 Sep)



Introducing the iPod Nano. 'Nuff said.

--- UPDATE ---

Over the weekend I hopped over to Carillion City Arcade where the Apple Centre's at to have a Nano test-drive.

Honestly, the Nano wasn't what I'd expected. It looks good, though. Oh yeah, it definitely wins hands down on the aesthetics. Size-wise... it's tad too small for my liking.

The Nano's built on the Shuffle skeleton, so no more hard drive for you, it's all flash-based now. It feels weird to be pressing buttons and scrolling wheels on something so miniature and fragile-looking, so much so that I felt as if that damn thing was gonna break if I were to, perhaps, give it a slight squeeze. The Nano looks like it'll snap if you sit on it.

Looks aside, Nano's features are great. You've got a world clock, games, and well, pretty much all the standard stuff the iPod's got, and oh, a colour screen and picture storage. But with only four precious gigs, I think I'll stick to all my John Mayer and Beatles' tunes.

4 Responses to “This is some cool shite (Updated 12 Sep)”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    YEAAH!! cool shite!

    was surfing in office just now and came across this.

    all i have to say: WALAU! cR3@t!v3 should do some soul-searching.

    -s.y.  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    Thing is, they're not selling iPod minis anymore. Nano's the replacement and honestly, I prefer the mini's colours and sizes.

    I'm sure Creative'll come up with something; though honestly, I think Creative & Apple were targeting different markets, so you can't really compare apples (excuse the pun) and oranges.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    haha! apples and oranges. well said. i'd say apple goes for TA that goes for a lifestyle and design and don't mind paying more for these.

    creative's targeting some cheapos (sorry to all out there). they're incorporating whatever-that-can-be-included in a player. loses the "touch".

    i like mini colors too ")

    -cellmate  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Too small also no good. People with big hands and fat fingers (no offense) will have trouble with the buttons.  

Post a Comment