The point where variety becomes a headache

Spring is supposed to be here but Perth nights are still as cold as ever!

I went for a walk in a tee and track pants, that's right, sans jacket, and I nearly froze my tight little ass off. Made me wish I were back home, I feel weird not having perspired for so long. :S

Anyhow, grocery shopping is starting to work its thang on me. Usually I'm in and out of Coles in about 45-60 minutes, even though careful analysis of my shopping list would probably give an estimate of 15 minutes. I mean, how long does one take to get milk, fruits, chips and the occasional pasta? Not 45 minutes definitely.

I didn't used to go grocery shopping much, but now that I have to fend for myself, weekly shopping trips are necessary to get my dose of fibre, calcium, carbohydrates, and what nots.

Have you noticed the variety they have at the supermarket? Buying milk alone is enough headache. Low fat? Hi calcium? Full cream? And I'm not even gonna talk about the brands they have. Goodness.

Oh, buying sanitary napkins are worse. Wing? Non-wing? Slim? Normal? Ultra slim? Carefree? Kotex? Store brand? OH MY GOD! It's enough to make me tear my hair out! Whatever happened to good old Laurier's cotton soft ultra slim with wings?!?!?

It's gotten to a point where I'd get a headache and simply grab the cheapest item off the shelves. This usually means buying store-brand goods. Interestingly enough, Australia's store-brand stuff are quite usable, the toilet paper is thick enough, the pizza is tasty enough, I haven't died from homebrand pasta, well, almost everything except store-brand chips. Try homebrand chips at your own risk, guys! :S

3 Responses to “The point where variety becomes a headache”

  1. # Blogger potpourri

    Hahaha... Thanks for this - it made me laugh. So i've heard about the variety there in Aus. Too much of a good thing huh? And back in sg, we complain about the limited varieties of everything. :)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i can't help laughing at your entry!! esp about the sanictary napkins.

    now you know grocery shopping is not easy feat after all! having to choose all the cheapest brand off the shelf.

    you remind me so much of my poly days!

    -s.y.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    HAHAHA...sanitary napkins remind me of my little conversation with Per in HMV about pads with wings and those without. Sparrows and penguins. HAHAHA...  

Post a Comment