"How bizarre... how bizarre..."

Let's put the non sequitur before the entry shall we. Check this out.
(via)

Anyways.

I called the landlord of a house to express interest in one of the rooms she had put up for rent. Somewhere along our conversation of room details, rental rates, and address information, she popped the question,

"Are you Canadian?"

HUH?!?

Either she has a really warped view of Canadians or she's just lost her head. There is no. way. on. Earth. that I sound anything remotely Canadian. The only accent I have is the Singaporean accent (which, in fact, is very hard to pinpoint). I don't have the tendency of putting on fake ang moh accents when talking to Aussies because that's just stupid. So I have no idea why that landlord asked that.

Anyhow I rejected her offer. No loss of mine, I reckon!

2 Responses to “"How bizarre... how bizarre..."”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I first saw that picture from mrbrown =D

    By her intonation, was she Canadian?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    No, Aussie. :S  

Post a Comment