I have the secret recipe!

Do you know that Aussie fries taste much better than the ones back home? If I could tapow for you guys I would! I'm not kidding, the first time we went to Hungry Jacks, Perth's equivalent of Burger King, we took one bite of our fries and went,

"Eh? Different ah?"
"Yah yah! It's a different kinda of salty!"
"Why ah?"
"Is it their potatoes?"
"Aussie-grown potatoes so different meh?"

And the mystery wore on, for about two weeks. Then the answer came to light.

Chicken salt.

I shit you not, it's as simple as that. Chicken salt.

My friend was so determined chicken salt was the solution she bought one from Coles and viola! We have tasty fries! Mm-mmmmm, life's good. :)

UPDATE:

Anyhow, pk's comments kinda spawned a google and guess what? Apparently chicken salt is as Australian as Bec's vegemite and strangely enough, does not contain any inch of chicken flavouring or seasoning. See wiki's entry for (a little bit) more information.

8 Responses to “I have the secret recipe!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    do we have chicken salt here? maybe you'd like to tapow back some for us. :P

    -s.y.  

  2. # Blogger girlinatower

    i heard cajun seasoning is better. I heard it's much nicer than chicken salt.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    eh..i nv heard of chicken salt before. its literally from the chickens or what?  

  4. # Blogger peiwen

    sy: i don't know! yeah perhaps I could tapow back... or mail u guys some for cooking purposes.

    stef: cajun seasoning? it's hot isn't it?

    pk: chicken salt is flavoured salt made of herbs and spices and is sold across Australia. It's standard to be asked if u want chicken salt with your fish & chips.  

  5. # Blogger girlinatower

    hmmm.. i not too sure. i heard from my bf that it's much nicer than chicken salt. he studied in aust before.  

  6. # Blogger Unknown

    I will be on a look out for Chicken Salt when I do groceries the next time.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    pw, u make my mouth water!

    -s.y.  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Maybe you could bring home some chicken salt and we could all make our fries tastier on the next 7ners meeting (with you) at Mac or any other fast-food restaurant.  

Post a Comment