Moving, again

For some unfathomable reason I woke up today, a beautiful Sunday afternoon (yes yours truly slept in), with a huge urge to pack. Pack! A week and a day before I move out of the student kampung and I've already started to pack! I can't believe it myself.

Seems like I have an infinite amount of stuff (read: junk) in my room. I've taken down all photos, cleared textbooks and put away other barang barang I would not need anytime in the near future but a mental roundup just made me realise I pretty much have no idea what to bring home and what to keep in Perth and have not secured a storage space for my things. Pretty screwed, I think.

Seems like just yesterday when I'd moved in to my current room. It's going to sound like a cliche, but time flies, doesn't it? I was asking when everyone is moving out and the Malaysian in room six kinda echoed my thoughts when she added "Now everyone is like, quite reluctant to move out right?" Sigh (because I hate packing, not because I'm moving out).

A friend drove us to another one of those 24-hour cafes in the city yesterday night, or if you want to be anal about it, early this morning. We got back at 4am and apparently, one of my housemates was already up, God knows why. We were having a short conversation over lunch and she commented, "Someone was showering at four this morning. Four am."

0 Responses to “Moving, again”

Post a Comment