24/7, 365

We went to a cafe tonight for reasons I don't have to disclose. :)

Surprisingly, Oriel turned out to be this very pleasant cafe in Subiaco (a suburb in Perth) and guess what? It's open TWENTY FOUR HOURS, THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS A YEAR. Is that jaw-dropping or what? Considering how lazy the average Australian is.

Anyhow, it certainly is the stuff hollywood movies are made of. You get in, wait for the maitre'd (dunno if that's spelt correct), sit at your table, y'know, the works. Some couples come here for dates, too. I feel like I might just see a tinseltown crew filming the next romantic comedy with Diane Lane and Richard Gere.

I don't know if it's just me, but I much prefer seeing couples here than back home. You stare at them for a bit, not too long because it gets rude, they catch your eye and offer a hint of a smile, as if saying "Yeah I'm having a good day too." If I did that at a cafe along Boat Quay, I'd probably get a glare that's like "Stare what stare?"

Well, check out this drink, by the way. Nudie gives you a day's (pricey) serving of fruits in a bottle, how convenient eh. The best thing? I get more fruits than what the market offers. I mean, I've never seen cranberries at the markets. It's available in Singapore too.

1 Responses to “24/7, 365”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    haha true! in clarke quay, you'd most prob get the *dig-you-eyes-out-then-u-know* action. :P

    nudies looks good!

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment