"I hate to say goodbye..."

Well who loves farewells?

Saturday was such a depressing day, three of my housemates moved out. Two leaving for home and one to Adelaide as a first stop for her tour around Australia. Sounds fun eh. And today another one has left for home soil as well, leaving me alone in my unit.

Well I'd be headed off to Carnarvon for approximately six weeks of grape picking and unwanted sunbathing. Wish me luck. :)

Anyhow, one of my friends here has repeatedly complained about my lack of listening skills - me having missed out on what she said or forgot what was said the day before. Mind you, these are unintentional actions. I suppose I'd never known the feeling one gets when one knows people are listening to her until my housemate gave me a goodbye hug. She told me "I wanted to say 'Have a nice Christmas' but you said you didn't celebrate Christmas."

Isn't that nice? When you don't expect people to remember those little fragments you've said in unmemorable conversations but they surprisingly do. Makes one feel pleasant, doesn't it. If it had been me I would probably have rattled off a "Have a nice Christmas", just because that seems so customary and iterative, and let slip from my mind that she doesn't do Christmas.

Sigh. Well, farewells and missing people are part of life. See you guys in six weeks! I don't know if the farm I'll be at has Internet so my apologies for any lack of updates. People whom I've given my Perth address, tangible mail of any shape or size will not reach me.

To the ten readers I have, Happy Christmas and have a great new year. I'm probably the earliest blogger to send festive greetings. :S What to do, Singaporean, lah.

3 Responses to “"I hate to say goodbye..."”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Haha...I think I irritate Per sometimes coz I don't really listen and remember stuff sometimes. Until the bad news sorts of sink in then I'll go exclaim to her then she'll be like "I told you that what!" Oopz...

    You know you have 10 readers? Haha...I can't even tell who's reading mine and who's not until someone comes and mentions something I blogged about.  

  2. # Blogger peiwen

    Boss, I know how you feel like. You think you listen but you thought wrong... :)

    The 10 readers thing is a metaphorical comment.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hey pw,

    enjoy your time at the farm. :) and (instead of traditionally Happy Christmas), HAPPY HOLIDAY! :D

    and tsk tsk, singaporean being singporea, kia-soooooo

    -s.y.  

Post a Comment