Being home but missing the Most Isolated City in the World

Home is Singapore, the Most Isolated City is Perth, in case you need an explanation to today's title.



This author arrived home on Thursday night. Singapore weather is still very humid. I'm trying to get used to reverse culture shock, in Perth, surrounding crowds talk in Australian-accented english but in Singapore, surrounding crowds do hokkien. Sounds a bit frightful on the ears, if I do say so myself.

Yes I'm going to be home for Christmas and the New Year after all. Carnarvon is one helluva boring place, and that's taught me to not take boredom for granted. Trust me, you don't want to waste an entire day in a place 904km north of Perth and so deserted you could dance to Kylie Minogue in your birthday suit without anyone noticing. Liberating thought, nonetheless. I spent eight days there, so imagine Kylie on loop for 192 hours.

Some pictures taken with my trusty Sony Ericsson T630:







(More here)

Oh, and in case you think one would be able to find a McDonald's anywhere in the world, HA, Carnarvon has none.

It feels weird to be home and trying to get used to stuff I haven't done or things I haven't seen in nearly five months. Like living with my parents and... stuff. I am already missing the independence Perth provides, and the weather, of course. :) Are you sure death isn't possible from humidity?

3 Responses to “Being home but missing the Most Isolated City in the World”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    YAY!!! u're back!!!! But alamak, u choose the wrong time 2 come back ah.. so many of the 7ners are away... nevertheless, we must meet up still!!! miss u babe!! cya soon~!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Carnarvon sounds like a damn ulu place. Good thing you came home ya? Haha... We should meet up when Per's back as well. =)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hohoho..u're back for xmas! see ya around soon ;)  

Post a Comment