One for the timeline



I just got back from four days in Western Australia and a really quick stopover in Perth for my convocation. Now I really have no excuse to go on studying unless A) I win the lottery, B) Company-sponsored self-development, or C) I have too much $$.

Initial thoughts and observations: I started out pretty keen on this trip. Reasons being my great love for all things Perth- except the food, and I thought it would be great to see the Uni friends again. But I reckon the past two months home really made their impact upon me. Truth be told, Singapore is home, although you'll never find me proclaiming my love for the motherland from pedestals (because there is no love, just heaps of frustration). No matter how much I have grown to love Perth in my short two years there, I'm pretty glad to be back in Singapore.

Convocation was a total bore btw. I found myself nodding off at least three times, which was a total embarrassment because there we were, sitting with our mortarboards atop our heads and nodding off would have been so obvious. And I'm not even going to mention the smelly regalia. Jesus.

I had a fun time with Mum and Dad, going down into WA's southern coasts and forests. Dad doesn't believe in the whole shopping shebang during holidays, which is excellent unless we are going to Hong Kong. Anyways, it was really a good bit of r&r before I dive into the new job. If you have facebook, pictures are there. :)

0 Responses to “One for the timeline”

Post a Comment