Coming out

I really can't afford to spend more time than I already am on facebook. Seriously, it is taking up a huge percentage of my Internet hours.

Friendster is just too embarrassing for me. I am way too cool for Friendster and if I log in, my profile will then say something akin to "Last login: 1 hour", proclaiming to the entire Friendster community I am some sort of desperate nutcase obstinately stuck on the Friendster bandwagon, which is quite clearly passe, if I do say so myself. :P

So facebook doesn't have that problem because I can hide my online status, spend 25 hours a day on that blasted website and no one will consciously know anything. Not that I am spending that much time on facebook, as I'm sure you'll know I'm just being metaphorical.

Anyways, no, this isn't another plug like my last entry was. Though facebook really is quite cool to use, not much help in the gossip columns, but good enough for me nonetheless!

Life-wise, allow me to give you a status update:

Come this friday I will gratefully cease to be a PR whore. On hindsight, I never should have accepted 141's offer no matter how attractive the account seemed to me. So now I just feel like I've wasted everyone's time, including my own. Nobody deserves to have someone join the company, only to leave in two months, citing disinterest as an excuse. I'm bashing myself up here, simply because the 141 PR team is too genuinely charming to have my selfish interests thrown on them. Nonetheless, self-imposed guilt trip aside, I'm going to be starting in a more suitable position end September so that pretty much cancels out 90% of my guilt (Also, the pay is better :D). Wish me luck!

(To SY: good luck! Please be extra vigilant in your new appointment! You know what I mean eh.)

2 Responses to “Coming out”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    dear pw,

    yes, i will. don't look back else i'd be banging into walls. ;)

    kudos to our "coming out"!

    -s.y.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Seriously manz, I'm addicted to Facebook. I knew it existed long ago but just didn't want to get an account since the purpose is the same as Friendster. But, the people here use MySpace or Facebook so yea... Anyway, MySpace is just dying...  

Post a Comment